Friday, October 30, 2020

Response from David J West to the publication of "Red Undead"


The following is the response by author David J. West regarding Dietrich's claims of publishing the book "Red Undead" and it's subsequent "banning" by Amazon.




Richard:

"I watched those three videos today, very interesting. I had my suspicions but had not done my due diligence. I first heard Douglas when he did Coast to Coast in December 2011 and was interested in what he had to say so I e-mailed him and he soon responded.

He always had so many things to say and was a fascinating person. He had an answer for almost anything. Granted, I did not check him out as you have done.

By 2013 I was divorced and moving on with life, courting my current wife. I was trying to change my life in a positive direction and had less time for Douglas's negative outlook. I would say that the things he said only grew more extreme and I was not always keen to those things.

I had worked on Red Undead in early 2012 to make it palatable to the public but I could not personally find it believable. It was interesting, yes, but like good historical fiction - which was the source of my original interest in Douglas.

I was upset with Lorien Fenton for trying to give me a cheap flat-rate for working on it, so I quit working on the edits of which Douglas was incredibly anal and ridiculous about. You clearly know how he writes and it's just not palatable to the lay audience.

As time went on I spent less and less time talking with him. He said a lot of things publicly that I didn't agree with and soon I felt it best to not have anything more to do with him.

I had to laugh about Doug's assertions about the book. He should know if it was ever published. It wasn't.

I had no idea he dreamt up the conspiracy about it until you showed it to me."

All the best,

David J. West

David
sent
40 minutes ago

I️ had forgotten I️ had a link to Douglas’s site on my blog because I️ rarely visit it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment