Friday, October 11, 2019

Has Douglas Dietrich Been Lying About His Elder Sister Too?

I have been investigating and debunking Douglas Dietrichs' various claims for over three years. But the fact he has an elder sister is rarely mentioned by him. In fact, he will mention her only in the context of the years 1963 and 1969, the year his sister was born,  and the year he claims they arrived in California from Taiwan.

Oddly, Dietrich has never mentioned her by name or revealed anything about his relationship to her. All of these brief mentions of her are followed by saying she is dead, without using the prefixed phrase "late and sainted" as he uses when referencing his deceased mother and father. Dietrich has never offered any reason for her death, and his brief mentions of her appear cold and lacking any emotion whatsoever.

The only physical description he has ever given of her has been in the context of them wearing articles of their parent's clothing. Himself wearing the clothes of his mother, and his sister those of his father. Suggesting that her appearance was more male than female, and his more female than male.

In previous research, I  found her name to be Joyce M. Dietrich born 3/1963 (presumably in Taiwan). Dietrich's' father, George J. Dietrich was US Navy Storekeeper assigned to the Navy Commissary/Store in Taipei, Taiwan from 1961-1963. He retired from the Navy as a Petty Officer 1st Class (E-6) in 1965, 14 months before Douglas was born.

I have found no obituary or death notice related to her and in recent weeks decided to investigate a bit further. Whereupon I found a long list of previous addresses in the San Francisco, CA area associated with her, including the same address where Dietrich has resided for nearly 30 years. Those listings of previous residences from 1997-2018 was a strong indication to me that Dietrich has been lying about her death.

In searching public property records associated with her, I found she had been married at some point to Harry Lee, and that her married name (Joyce M. Lee) was associated with mortgage/ownership of a property and a tax assessment in 2018. Another reference to ownership/property taxes of the same property was listed publicly in July 2019. It also listed both her and her husband as property owners.

I have made the effort to contact his sister and await any response. I approached this matter as delicately as possible, avoiding a more sudden invasion of her privacy by telephone by sending her a brief letter. I simply described who I was, what my experiences with Douglas Dietrich have been and what my intentions in contacting her were.

I simply asked her to confirm my research was correct and that she is alive. And should she chose to respond, anything she was willing to disclose to me about Dietrich or herself was entirely up to her.

In order to be considerate of her privacy, I will be not be posting any details of my investigation until I have given her an adequate period of time for a response. She may chose not to respond.  In which case, my posting of any findings related to her is not legally considered a violation of her privacy as that information has already been published elsewhere and are a matter of Public Record.





No comments:

Post a Comment